Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why does everyone think Gene Simmons is the KISS frontman?

It's not that they think Gene Simmons is the frontman. It's that Gene Simmons is the most well-known member of KISS. Most people I ask only know his name. And no, he isn't the frontman. And I agree that Paul is. I saw them live this summer and can confirm that Paul is the one that gets the crowd worked up, and Gene is more of the subject of the special effects. But I also think that bass is more important than rhythm guitar, mostly because half the band I've heard that have a lead and rhythm guitarist but no bass sucked, and half the bands I've heard with a lead and bass but no rhythm were better. And, to be more accurate, Rock And Roll All Nite is more likely the only KISS song most of THIS GENERATION has heard. To conclude, I don't really get the point of this question. Sure Gene Simmons is a money whore, but he's pretty much the face of the band and I don't think anyone could imagine the band without him. I know I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment